Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's Getting Hot in Here...

So, here's the thing. I feel I don't know enough of either side of the story on global warming to win a national debate. But I have picked a side, anyway, using the following logic:

Situation 1:
Global warming is a real threat:
+ I do nothing = imminent doom
+ I change my environmental habits = increased chance of safety

Situation 2:
Global warming is not a real threat:
+ I do nothing = doesn't matter
+ I change my environmental habits = doesn't  matter (or probably some improvement)

So, even if Situation 2 is true, I'd rather avoid the ramifications of Situation 1 by playing it safe. That's using "logic." My gut feeling, though, is that we as humans need to take responsibility NOW and do something about sustainability. And I do feel that way quite strongly.

Now watch the video I posted a little earlier today (courtesy of WWF) and spread the word about Earth Hour!!!!

P.S. Our planet doesn't need saving, a planet is just a planet - crust, molten rock, and iron core. It's OURSELVES that need saving. Kthxbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment