Monday, April 2, 2012

Being an Eager Beaver

I think I handed in my sanity along with my resignation letter at work the other day. Perhaps the impending time freedom I am about to have is causing a chemical imbalance in my brain, because I have started suggesting to my soon-to-be-former co-workers that we should all go white-water rafting one weekend. Do I even know them well enough to be strapped together with them as we go crashing through waves and have water sent up our nostrils? Probably not, but isn't that how friendships are formed?? In life-threatening, thrill-seeking, adrenaline-inducing contexts??

Anyway, I made this suggestion via text to a friend from work and instantly regretted the decision (why must I be so impulsive?) so instead sent a follow-up text saying we should just go for dinner with the others instead. I don't know, I felt like I had crossed an unseen line where you just don't suggest such intimate encounters with the wild as a hang out with mere co-workers. Like, maybe it was asking too much? But that's me thinking about what society would say, because I truly would be more than happy to have fun doing something like that.

*Sigh* Is it wrong to want to live big and perhaps expect people to invest time and effort in each other? Maybe. I know I do have trouble gauging how much a person is willing to put into a relationship but I do believe I have the right idea and people should be open to such bonding experiences. Because it may seem daunting or uncomfortable, but if you forever stay in your bubble of comfort, learning about people, connecting with them on a deeper level - all that may never get a chance to make relationships blossom. Then again, I am an emotional sap and am friendly beyond reason, haha. I like getting to know people closely and not everyone is like that. For some, people just come and go in life and it's not a big deal.

I think my way of living is better. Yay for opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment