Friday, January 24, 2014

Hello, Stranger

Oh hai, world.

I was told by a most kind and beautiful soul today that I am such a good writer, I should leave all other pursuit of work with wild abandon and focus on my talent. And I replied with, "Yes, I am quite good at writing. I am indeed." And then I thought about how I spend my days fretting over my less-than-ideal grasp of biological science (a.k.a. my university major) instead of celebrating this seemingly God-given gift. And then I thought about this blog and how I leave it to shrivel and die without love and attention, like many a holiday fruitcake. And then I realized I use conjunctions to start new sentences. And then --

So (doh!) I figured, why not hone my amateur skills on this blog by writing about whatever drivel spews out of my mind. Let me tell you, my gray cells register "above average" on the randomness scale. If randomness was measured by skyscraper privileges, I would have a penthouse suite in the stratosphere.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment