Friday, January 24, 2014

So Much Cringing

Every time I look at my past writing, I am taken aback by how hormonal and angst-y I was. Which is okay, because I was (still am?) a hormonal, angst-y person, like many people at that age.

I almost always read over my past work and think, "Pssht, my writing is much more SUPERIOR now," as if it was once a warty toad that has blossomed into a wartless toad (horrible analogies live here). However, five years from now, will I look back on this post and think, "Dear God, please forgive me for being a loser?"

I think it's important for me to embrace my overemotional, melodramatic past self because it obviously shaped me into who I am today. I should also relax about how I am now. Self-judgement is a very strong force, and I choose to just accept what I am, what I write, and how I behave. Some days I am the epitome of grace and class, other times I have boogers hanging out my nose and wear the same clothes repeatedly until I cannot stand the stench of my own odour. It is what it is, people.

P.S. To my future husband: I will be considerate of your nostrils and aim to smell like a fresh petunia once we meet.
P.P.S. To my friends who are disgusted I would not extend them the same courtesy: I don't have such friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment