Friday, March 21, 2014

Rotting Garbage is Amazing

Ask my parents and they will tell you I am Mt. Vesuvius when it comes to angry outbursts. Unfortunately for them, I am only like this at home because, hey, they're my parents, they will forgive me forever! Right?

However, to ease their suffering, I have figured out a solution to make the nasty feelings go away.
Contrary to popular belief, venting anger just makes you angrier by activating the anger/aggression centres of your brain - PSYCHOLOGY, woohoo! Of course, it's equally unhealthy to suppress it, but stewing in it is just as bad. So, I have come up with a handy dandy technique that will make you go from a raging fire to a calm quagmire (...this is why I don't write song lyrics).

Whenever I am mad at something or someone or all of humanity, I will first bask in it for a while so it doesn't manifest into some kind of intense craving for Cheez Whiz (seriously, what is that stuff made of?!). Then, I start listing everything I like about my object of hatred. I force myself to appreciate that motherchucker like it is my last lease on life. I don't even care if my reasoning is hardly valid - like how I enjoy the never-ending cold and ice (welcome to Canada) because it motivates my cat to snuggle with me and mooch off my body heat. And I like the pouring rain because I get a free car wash; plus, if it's warm enough outside, I can reenact scenes from all my favourite romantic movies, i.e. I dance with my invisible "air" boyfriend.

It's surprising how quickly my anger dissipates. Appreciation of all things, annoying or otherwise, is a force to reckon with!

Before I sign off:
My blogging application is kind enough to let me stalk my reading audience by listing which countries you all are from. I just want to thank every single person out there for reading what I write. I am quite biased towards you non-Canadians because, in my head, I imagine I am making someone smile many miles away. However, no matter where you're from, you externally validate me and I LOVE it. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment