Monday, March 10, 2014

Glitching

The other day, my mother dearest was making her way to the kitchen when she tripped over the vacuum cleaner. From a good five meters away, I immediately said, "Sorry."
Soon after, the same word came out of my mouth when my friend tripped over her own two feet while we were traipsing through the mall.

Apparently, I apologize on behalf of all Newtonian laws. These last two instances really got me thinking, what on God's green earth am I sorry for?

Now that it is a part of my awareness, I have caught myself saying sorry A LOT, for absolutely no darn reason. I cringe every time I say it, but it reflexively pops out like I'm a malfunctioning PEZ® machine.

Source: http://www.candywarehouse.com
(For all you non-90s children, this is a PEZ® candy dispenser, akin to my free-for-all "sorry" delivery system.)

I thought of possible reasons for this. I am either subconsciously taking every opportunity to compensate for my own wrongdoings/failures, or else I have the programmed self-esteem of a slug.

Well, that's all I got. My sinuses are currently infected and it hurts my head to come up with anything profound and enlightening. Love yourself, don't be sorry for who you are, etc. etc. All these notions are already within you! That's why they resonate so well when you read the same words on paper (e-paper?).

Alright, I am going to go wallow in self-pity over my illness now. I think a nice, steaming cup of tea will do...

Oh yes, and I shall stop unnecessarily apologizing. The world can kiss my sorry butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment