Saturday, May 17, 2014

Kitchen Tales

Hello,

Today I cooked a meal for my parents. It was my very first time puttering around the kitchen solely to feed my old folks. Usually, I am a giant freeloader and just wait for my mom to get hungry and cook for all of us in the process of satiating herself. Today, I decided to pull up my socks and take control of all things culinary.

It took me four hours to cook a three-course meal. In good news, it is a Saturday so I can afford to work at my leisure. Also in good news, I expended so much energy double-checking my cookbook at a rate of nine times per minute, that I worked up a hearty appetite by the time the food was ready.

My tummy is making strange, rumbling noises, though. The fish I had is probably merrily swimming its way through my GI tract. I have a feeling, both literal and figurative, that gas will be coming out of my orifices soon. (Yes, men, I am this sexy.)

*Awkward transition.*

Once upon a time, I was cutting green chillies for my mother and I, the fool that I am, decided that my itchy eye was worth rubbing halfway through chopping spicy peppers from hell. Well, as you can imagine, I thought I was going to go blind, and I actually dunked my eyeball in a glass of milk. Yes. I filled a glass with my dairy saviour and stuck my eye into it. It was the only way to save my cornea, I tell you. Maybe I absorbed some calcium in the process?

That is all for now. Hardly a Pulitzer-prize-winning post, but I am too busy digesting marine creatures to think of anything poignant to write.

Good evening to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment