Thursday, November 25, 2010

Maggot Chocolate?!?

I snuck a piece of chocolate from the family chocolate box, and it happened to be the kind that has syrup in it (of a pear-ish flavour). When I opened the wrapper I found the chocolate had caved in to reveal the syrup which had crystallized to look like a colony of maggots.
So now it's lying beside me looking forlorn and dejected and I'm not sure if I can throw it out without feeling guilty. Because first of all, I'm sure it's still edible. And secondly, no girl in their right mind would throw out edible chocolate. However, its resemblance to infant beetles is limiting my options.
... I'll give it to my dad. He'll eat anything.

Also, have you ever been faced with sharing a chocolate box with other members of the household and trying to decide which one to eat? Because you don't want to mooch away all the good ones, but you don't feel like ripping off your taste buds when they are expecting luxury. Perhaps you try to balance out the box so that the remaining pieces create a pretty geometric design? Or you reason that you will eat in proportion to how many of each flavour is present?

These are the thoughts that pass through my mind when sharing confections. It is a challenging yet rewarding battle, the choosing of the chocolate. May the force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment