Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Peeved & Amazed (& a Foolish Boy)

So, there's a tree in our apartment. It is a beautiful tree that hits the ceiling and is pretty much bursting out of its pot in prosperity and abundance. It's my family's pride and joy, bringing tidings of a bright future and whatever else growth represents.
It really is a gorgeous tree (just for emphasis). Considering it's an indoor plant, I'm amazed at how strong and healthy it is. And as with all foliage, it is a fantastic air purifier and oxygen producer.

Anywhoo, so it is in its reproductive phase and bloomed beautiful white flowers that made my whole apartment smell like a botanical garden. But after a week, the flowers withered away, and as we all know from grade school biology, after flowers comes seeds and in the case of our tree, with seeds comes sap. SO MUCH SAP.

I have pretty much spent all day vacuuming seeds and scraping sap off the floor. AAARRRGGGHH. The problem is, there are enough seeds to replenish the Amazon so I'm on the verge of giving up.
Surprisingly, I'm more in awe of how wonderful life is and how it has its ways of carrying on. A plant rooted in one spot for its entire lifetime (generally) is able to spread its progeny to such a phenomenal extent. It's so cool!!!!!!!

I love biology. UH-MAZING.

Also, my current crush is officially cut because I realized that he was never very friendly to begin with. And as I told my friend in outrage, a man who doesn't make a person feel welcome and important is not a man at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment