Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Anecdote Corner

This post is inspired by my friend who is starting up her own blog based on the craziness that happens to her on a daily basis and, as she herself states, warrants a sitcom on her life.

There are times when I believe that my life is a huge experiment on love and social awkwardness and as such I am the unwitting participant thrown into these situations on such a regular basis that they aren't even that embarrassing to me anymore (although unsparingly embarrassing to innocent bystanders).
Like a little while ago I managed to spill my change all over the floor at a grocery store when I was at the cash register, and of course, being the baller that I am (sarcasm!), I didn't even have any big change to proudly pick up, it was all dimes and pennies (they add up, okay?). I scurried around on all fours trying to pick everything up while the frail, old lady standing behind me in line clucked her tongue in impatience. I should have bent over and shown off my booty instead of crawling around like an infant on caffeine, at least it would've given the male patrons something to look at (yes, I pride myself on having a nice bum).

Another time even earlier in the past, it was winter time, I was walking into my school building and for whatever reason, the doors to my school feel like they're made of dead bodies coz they're so freaking heavy. Anyway, I went to pull one open and the floor was wet from the snow that had been forced to abandon its cold, icy abode outdoors, and as Newton rightly stated, every action has a reaction, and my foot slipped out from under me as I pulled the door open. My knee made a satisfying thud as it hit the floor, and the young man who was walking ahead of me turned around to see what had transpired. So now I'm staring at this guy on one knee. If I was holding a rose in my mouth and a ring in one hand, I'm sure he would have said yes. We stared at each other, him wondering why security doesn't keep the weirdos out and me wondering if he'll magically find me hilarious and entertaining. After enough awkward silence to owe ten people pennies, he asked if I was alright, and I mumbled a yes to my extended foot. And then my life went on.

Even now as I write this in my school cafeteria, some fellow intellectuals just entered from outside and sent all my napkins flying off the table with the wind they carried in with them. If only my hair was down, it could've have been one of those geeky-but-sexy shampoo commercials.

Anyway, such is my life. I love it, not going to lie, I think it makes me super laid back and easygoing, to the point of laughing at situations which are more deserving of eyebrows knitted together in worry. Laugh, friends. Life is a barrel of monkeys!

1 comment:

  1. Love this!
    1)Thanks for the shout out!
    2)You do have a lovely bum.
    3)I'm sure that that's a valid mating ritual somewhere in the world and you and that guy are actually married now.

    ReplyDelete