Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Patellar Region is Hurting

I am once again awake at an ungodly hour, working on a lab report (yes, for the same class in which I submitted a cupcake recipe instead of an academically sound explanation of Organic Chemistry - refer to my previous post). There don't seem to be enough hours in the day lately, as I am closing in on actually having to submit the report in T-minus six hours and I am really nowhere being done.

I have been very cat-like recently in my desire to sleep for 16 hours a day, preferably in patches of sunlight. Of course, this desire is often left to fester within me, unmet, although I do cave in to my serotonin receptors every once in a while, which I did today.

What I'm trying to say is that I illegally napped (Book of Awesome, anyone? :D) way too much and now I'm royally screwed for deadlines.

Both myself and a dear friend of mine have had to deal with persons at our respective schools who have been lucky enough to get their hands on solutions for midterms/assignments, while those of us who are less privileged have to actually learn the content and know what the heck we're writing down for answers. To be fair, I think if I had the solutions, I would use them. I'm just bitter coz I don't have that luxury. If I did, I don't think I'm pious enough to bypass the chance to get guaranteed, easy marks if they did fall into my hands. I guess that makes me just as bad as any cheater out there. I do believe that at some point in every university student's academic career, there comes a time when you're just about ready to throw your moral compass out the window and do whatever it takes, by hook or by crook, to get a credit without digging your GPA a grave.

Anywhoo, I went to watch The Hunger Games with myouterinnermonologue last night. I'm not nearly as crazed or fond of the series as the masses seem to be. I enjoy the books, don't get me wrong, but I do find the hype to be a little obnoxious. In any case, I was displeased with the movie as it failed to explain/emphasize the political messages in the story, which I think is the best/most important thing the series has going for it. That is all I have to say about that.

I should probably go back to my lab report... I'm pretty sure when I finish these labs I will do the happy dance reserved for lottery winners of the world. And yet I claim to enjoy being a student. In the hella wise words of Einstein: I love to learn, but my education keeps getting in the way. Yes, he was indeed a genius.

P.S. Justin Bieber must have some training in brainwashing/hypnotism coz his new single (Boyfriend) has been playing through my mind like a broken record for the past two days. I secretly don't mind (but this stays between us).

1 comment: