Friday, January 14, 2011

In Genetics...

I plan to make this a light-hearted entry as I've been quite contemplative/profound (or so I wish to think) in my last few entries.

I'm in my first Genetics class of the semester (at first I typed, "class of the future"... which I suppose is true). I'm semi-paying attention.

I'm doing my best to like winter, because I don't really celebrate Christmas, participate in winter sports, or enjoy waking up to dark surroundings and cold toilet seats. However, I do think the snow looks beautiful and is fun to play in if you've got the staying warm business down pat.

This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends.

Oh! I'm a cat lady! Well, I don't own any, but I am definitely a cat person and I want a kitty of my own one day. (Is it now officially inappropriate to say pussy when referring to a cat? Like, "pussy cat?" I guess so...?)

I'd like some input on getting a pet from a reputable breeder vs. adopting from a shelter. I have a slight weakness towards a particular breed of cat (Russian Blue), but I'm inclined to adopt from a shelter. Shelter animals are often misunderstood as delinquents, but that's mostly not true; their owners often have to give them up for personal reasons. Plus, they really do appreciate being "rescued" and treat you as their hero (source: me aimlessly reading nuff articles about it and I volunteered at an animal shelter one summer). Of course, purebreds are more predictable personality-wise and come with health guarantees...
Any opinions?

Later, gator!

No comments:

Post a Comment