Saturday, January 22, 2011

Snape, Snape, Severus Snape... DUMBLEDORE!

I am highly dependent on Harry Potter to define all my childhood experiences. I remember the highlight of my time as a youngin' being the HP series. I immersed myself to such a degree that I'm pretty sure my brain melded fiction and reality together and I kind of remember myself as an eleven-year-old roaming the halls of an old castle wearing robes...??

Seriously, though, the most vivid memory I have of when I was ten years old is that of my friend and I wandering through a patch of bushes next to our school, hunting for Voldemort in the "Forbidden Forest." We used to be in those bushes (being short kids, they were tree-like enough) for nearly an hour. My school was in walking distance of my house and I remember coming home and my mom yelling at me for not informing her of my whereabouts. It did not phase me one bit as I had defeated the Dark Lord. Although, a mother's wrath is an equally powerful force to contend with.

I'm not sure why I decided to write about this topic, but it really is amazing how one woman (J.K. Rowling) managed to captivate so many people with a world created by her brilliant mind! She literally pulled off world domination! Kudos in a box.

The final movie is coming out this summer and I'm not sure how emotionally unstable I'll be after I watch it. It's been eleven years since I was introduced to the series; I (and so many others) basically grew up with Harry and his friends. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WHEN IT'S OVER??

Answer: read the series and watch the movies in a continuous cycle until I am forced to become a skeleton (plus other decomposing detritus). Anyone with me? :D

1 comment:

  1. Read some fanfiction.

    But only the good stuff.

    Some of it's better than anything JK ever wrote. :O

    ReplyDelete