Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A topic close to my heart...

This is today's blog.

I spent the last six hours watching Bones episodes where killers killed people and other smart people found the killer who killed the people. Man, some of those episodes were JAMMIN'. And by that I mean they were really engrossing and I crapped my pants several times out of fear and/or anxiety.

Also, I disapprove of the Canadian justice system. Way too lenient, a mon avis. My mom has a friend who shows up on crime scenes and literally handles the bodies. He has, on several occasions, been in court only to see the sentence being a pathetic excuse of a punishment and the family of the victim(s) devastated after years of awaiting a fair trial.

I myself have read several accounts and case studies with the same outcome. It's enough to make me hella emotional, never mind someone who has personally seen the victims and dealt with their families.

I know there are yay number of gray areas in law and justice, but if you are a budding lawyer, or politician, or anyone at all, I hope as part of the future generation you will not just go with the flow of your job, but work towards betterment of the legal system so that ordinary people can live with dignity and peace in their hearts.

1 comment:

  1. On a lighter note, "jamming" is the term used when you synch up a slate board to a sound recorder. (That thing that you clap at the beginning of a take, particularly ones with an electronic timecode (clock) emblazoned on the front.)

    One of the main problems with our legal system is that it's too complicated. For better results we need to lose our morals and simplify things. ... oh, wait.

    ReplyDelete