Monday, January 10, 2011

The Infamous NY Resolution...

I know, I know! I've been inconsistent with this blog, about as irregular as your BM when you eat jellybeans for 48 hours straight. Which leads me to my next point.

I only have one New Year's resolution and I think it encompasses every aspect of life: stick to your word.
Integrity comes from the root integer, meaning whole or complete (source: Wikipedia, duh!). I think nowadays people use the word integrity a bit loosely, and I sure have as well! Integrity is when everything you think, feel, and do is in harmony. Okay, so I stole that last line from Gandhi. He was a smart man.

So I've been pondering integrity, and I think step one for me is to basically just do what I say I will do. And that includes what I promise myself, as well. Drink more water, do yoga everyday, attend all lectures this week, etc. etc. If I can follow through with those things I have integrity, and I think that is a cornerstone trait of all successful people.

Now, if you know me well (especially my parents), you will guffaw at the thought of me coming through on my promises. I guess you could call me a flake when it comes to goals. But I have come to realize that it is the same as being a commitment-phobe, which, in the end, doesn't let you experience life the way it was meant to be. And I don't want that.

So sign me up for this integrity business and let's reap whatever fruit that follows!
I need to get new proverbs...

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Does this include updating your blog more frequently? I hope so.

    GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR RESOLUTION. I feel inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope you get everything you dream of this year! And other cheesy motivating lines!

    And I published a new post today! Hope you like it!

    I use excessive amounts of exclamation marks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every sentence in your comment was accompanied by an exclamation mark.(!)

    ReplyDelete